The Life Molecule - Nitric Oxide is the safeguard of health and vital for a healthy life.
Nitric Oxide is a gas produced and secreted by the metabolism in the inner (endothelial) layer of the vessels. İt consists of one Nitrogen and one Oxygen atom. Nitric Oxide is a miraculous molecule involved in many functions, from preventing heart attacks to improving sexual activity. The most important task of Nitric Oxide is to provide vascular flexibility by relaxing the blood vessels (the vasodilation), and increase the blood flow and the oxygen capacity carried by the blood. The enlarged vessels reduce blood pressure and improve blood circulation so that more blood reaches the heart and other organs.
Increasing blood circulation and keeping it at a healthy level also play a very important role in the functions of cell tissues and organs. Nitric Oxide prevents arteriosclerosis by preventing inflammation in the vessels. If the benefits of Nitric Oxide are briefly summarized:
- Protects against hypertension
by regulating blood flow,
- Protects against coronary heart disease,
- Keeps sexual functions alive by regulating the blood supply of the genital area,
- Increases the performance of athletes,
- Protects against viral infections.
In 1998, three scientists broke fresh ground and received the Nobel Prize for their work on Nitric Oxide and its indispensable importance as a signaling molecule in the cardiovascular system. Since 1998, Nitric Oxide is now referred to as the Life Molecule. Click on the following link for detailed explanations of the work of the Nobel Prize-winning doctors.
Nitric Oxide Nobel Prize Lecture
Nitric Oxide is abundant in the body, but it is an irregular and short-lived gas molecule, its life span not exceeding 15-20 seconds. Due to aging and environmental factors, the body's ability to produce Nitric Oxide is dramatically reduced. For example, Nitric Oxide production, which is 100% at the age of 15 - 16, decreases by 17% - 20% every 10 years, and falls to the level of 15% by the age of 60 - 65. Especially at night time, with the decrease of movement, the production of Nitric Oxide in the body also decreases almost to zero, so heart attacks, seizures and deaths often occur in the early morning!
Underproduction of Nitric Oxide in the body, may contribute to memory and cognitive functions associated with depression, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases. There are possible cases of memory improvement with safe levels of Nitric Oxide introduced back into the body. The drug nitroglycerine, which helps relieve chest pain, mimics Nitric Oxide, improving blood flow and oxygen to the heart. On the other hand, those famous blue pills used in erectile dysfunction
, which is the nightmare of men, are also effective over Nitric Oxide.
Detailed reading:The effect of sildenafil on nitric oxide-mediated vasodilation in healthy men
Effect of sildenafil-induced nitric oxide on the histomorphology of cardiomyocytes in male rats
Immune cells produce Nitric Oxide as a defense molecule against bacteria and other pathogens. It’s thought that lacking a beneficial level of Nitric Oxide is why some antibiotics do not function completely. It’s also thought that Nitric Oxide regulates growth and death of immune and inflammatory cells, and is giving hope for the treatments of existing wounds in diabetics.
Detailed reading:Nitric Oxide Therapy for Diabetic Wound Healing
Inhaled Nitric Oxide before Induction of Anesthesia in Patients with Pulmonary Hypertension
Controlled Delivery of Nitric Oxide for Cancer Therapy
Nitric Oxide is in almost all organisms, from bacteria, plant, and animal cells. The lining of the blood vessels uses Nitric Oxide to relax smooth muscles, thus increasing blood flow. Nitrate containing food supplements, specially formulated to maximize and maintain the Nitric Oxide level, help increase the body's Nitric Oxide production.
Nitric Oxide is the most important element of the vessels and blood circulation that forms the basis of life. Saying that human age is the age of their veins emphasizes the importance of vascular health. There are vascular problems at the root of many diseases from coronary artery disease to impotence, from blindness to kidney diseases. In diabetes
, the capacity of the vessels to produce Nitric Oxide is reduced.
In this case, keeping the veins healthy should be a priority, and in terms of vascular health, the priority should be to keep the Nitric Oxide levels high. To this end, the first step is to avoid smoking. Cigarette smoke is a vascular poison beyond its damage to the lungs. It reduces the synthesis of Nitric Oxide in the vessels, damages the vessel wall and causes vasoconstriction, that is, shrinkage in the vessels.
Movement is one of the most important things to do in terms of keeping Nitric Oxide levels alive. Movement helps dilate the vessels, increase blood flow, and increase Nitric Oxide synthesis.
Another thing to do to keep Nitric Oxide levels high is a diet rich in antioxidants
. Beyond their general health effects, antioxidants are substances that help maintain Nitric Oxide in the blood.
On the other hand, there are some foods that are known to increase Nitric Oxide synthesis. It is possible to examine them in two groups. The first is foods rich in nitrates, and the second is foods rich in substances called L-Arginine and L-Citruline, which are involved in the production of Nitric Oxide.
1- Foods Rich in Nitrates:
- Red beet,
2- Nitric Oxide Synthesis Elements:
Foods rich in L-Arginine:
- Turkey Meat,
- Lentils and Chickpeas,
- Pumpkin seeds,
Foods rich in L-Citruline:
Additional information on some foods useful in the production of Nitric Oxide:
- Beets: Beets are rich in dietary nitrates, which the body can convert to Nitric Oxide. According to one study in 38 adults, consuming a beetroot juice supplement increased Nitric Oxide levels by 21% after just 45 minutes. Similarly, another study showed that drinking 3.4 ounces (100 ml) of beetroot juice significantly increased Nitric Oxide levels in both men and women. Thanks to their rich content of dietary nitrates, beets have been linked to a number of health benefits, including improved cognitive function, enhanced athletic performance and lower blood pressure levels.
- Garlic: Garlic can boost Nitric Oxide levels by activating Nitric Oxide synthase, the enzyme that aids in the conversion of Nitric Oxide from the amino acid L-arginine. One animal study showed that aged garlic extract temporarily increased blood Nitric Oxide levels by up to 40% within an hour of consumption. Another test-tube study found that aged garlic extract also helped maximize the amount of Nitric Oxide that can be absorbed by the body. Both human and animal studies indicate that garlic’s ability to increase Nitric Oxide levels may have a beneficial effect on health and can help lower blood pressure and improve exercise tolerance.
- Meat: Meat, poultry and seafood are all excellent sources of coenzyme Q10, or CoQ10 — an important compound believed to help preserve Nitric Oxide in the body. In fact, it’s estimated that the average diet contains between 3–6 mg of CoQ10, with meat and poultry supplying about 64% of the total intake. Organ meats, fatty fish and muscle meats like beef, chicken and pork contain the highest concentration of CoQ10. Studies show that getting enough CoQ10 in your diet not only preserves Nitric Oxide but can also help improve athletic performance, prevent migraines and promote heart health.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate is loaded with flavanols — naturally occurring compounds that boast an extensive list of powerful health benefits. In particular, research shows that the flavanols found in cocoa can help establish optimal levels of Nitric Oxide in the body to promote heart health and protect cells against oxidative damage. One 15-day study in 16 people showed that consuming 30 grams of dark chocolate daily led to significant increases in Nitric Oxide levels in the blood. What’s more, participants experienced decreases in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels — the top and bottom number of the blood pressure reading. Because of its rich content of Nitric Oxide boosting flavanols, dark chocolate has been associated with improved blood flow, enhanced brain function and a lower risk of heart disease.
- Leafy Greens: Leafy green vegetables like spinach, arugula, kale and cabbage are packed with nitrates, which are converted to Nitric Oxide in the body. According to one review, regular consumption of nitrate-rich foods like green leafy vegetables can help maintain sufficient levels of Nitric Oxide in the blood and tissues. One study even showed that eating a nitrate-rich meal containing spinach increased salivary nitrate levels eightfold and significantly decreased systolic blood pressure (the top number). Other research has found that consuming high-nitrate leafy greens may also be associated with a reduced risk of heart disease and cognitive decline.
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, limes and grapefruit are all excellent sources of vitamin C, an important water-soluble vitamin that plays a central role in health. Vitamin C can enhance levels of Nitric Oxide by increasing its bioavailability and maximizing its absorption in the body. Research shows that it may also bump up levels of Nitric Oxide synthase, the enzyme needed for the production of Nitric Oxide. Studies indicate that citrus fruit consumption may be linked to decreased blood pressure, improved brain function and a lower risk of heart disease.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate is loaded with potent antioxidants that can protect your cells against damage and preserve Nitric Oxide. One test-tube study showed that pomegranate juice was effective in protecting Nitric Oxide from oxidative damage while also increasing its activity. Another animal study found that both pomegranate juice and pomegranate fruit extract were able to increase levels of Nitric Oxide synthase and boost the concentration of nitrates in the blood. Human and animal studies have found that antioxidant rich pomegranate can improve blood flow, which may be especially beneficial in treating conditions like high blood pressure and erectile dysfunction.
- Nuts and Seeds: Nuts and seeds are high in arginine, a type of amino acid that is involved in the production of Nitric Oxide. Some research suggests that including arginine from foods like nuts and seeds in daily diet can help increase Nitric Oxide levels in the body. For example, one study in 2,771 people showed that a higher intake of arginine rich foods was associated with higher levels of Nitric Oxide in the blood. Another small study found that supplementing with arginine increased levels of Nitric Oxide after just two weeks. Thanks to their arginine content and rich nutrient profile, regularly eating nuts and seeds has been associated with lower blood pressure, improved cognition and increased endurance.
- Watermelon: Watermelon is one of the best sources of citrulline, an amino acid that’s converted to arginine and, ultimately, Nitric Oxide in the body. One small study found that citrulline supplements helped stimulate Nitric Oxide synthesis after just a few hours but noted that it may take longer to see positive effects on health. Meanwhile, another study in eight men showed that drinking 10 ounces (300 ml) of watermelon juice for two weeks led to significant improvements in Nitric Oxide bioavailability. Recent research suggests that upping your intake of watermelon not only enhances Nitric Oxide levels but can also improve exercise performance, decrease blood pressure and boost blood flow.
- Red Wine: Red wine contains many powerful antioxidants and has been tied to a multitude of health benefits. Interestingly, some studies have found that drinking red wine could also increase levels of Nitric Oxide. One study showed that treating cells with red wine increased levels of Nitric Oxide synthase, an enzyme involved in the production of Nitric Oxide. Another study had similar findings, reporting that certain compounds found in red wine enhanced Nitric Oxide synthase and increased the release of Nitric Oxide from the cells that line the blood vessels. For this reason, it’s not surprising that moderate consumption of red wine has been shown to reduce blood pressure and improve heart health.
Nitric Oxide triggers, which are used as drops, become more active by interacting with the acids in the mouth when they are dropped directly on the tongue and waited for a short time like 20 - 30 seconds, when they reach the stomach, they are converted to Nitric Oxide gas (NO) by stomach acids. Then NO gas passing through the walls of the stomach enters into our body's vascular system (around 100.000 km), allowing the vessels to expand, blood flow to relax and blood pressure to be regulated.
Nitric Oxide production amount is one of the most important factors in the body for those who want to get the highest nutritional value from the foods they consume, those who want to improve their cardiovascular health and circulatory system, and those who aim for a healthy vascular system even as they get older.
Nitric Oxide trigger supplements, taken in the morning and evening, preferably in the form of drops, contribute to the normal blood circulation of the body, support the proper functioning of the digestive system, help the absorption and transmission of nutrients, play an important role in the immune system and support the body to fight infections. Vitamins and minerals such as zinc, chromium, niacin, B1... in their content support your heart health by protecting the intravascular health, increase the energy level, libido and sexual power, and regulate macro nutrient metabolism.
In summary, Nitric Oxide is a hormone of vital importance for vascular health, and a healthy level of Nitric Oxide
is essential to prevent cardiovascular diseases and regulate sexual functions
While boosting your Nitric Oxide level, enhance your Antioxidant and Omega 3 levels with Wellness Triangle
which will also prevent cell deformation, protect heart and cardiovascular health, improve immune response, and prolong your life span. After only 30 days of regular use, you will easily notice the changes on your body, but better is to get a blood test at the beginning and at the end of the cure to see all the regenerations on the results. Take action today, improve your health, enhance your life quality... tomorrow may be too late!
Wellness Triangle is the best supplement, a complete support, unique in the world, that provides a healthy living with the regular use of only 3 products. Learn More
Back to Home